Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FLICKR Flickers on YouTube


Appropriately named since cameras videos and flashing lights come into play. I am definitely sold on the benefits of these two social software applications. Flickr especially even though both are cost effective ways of disimmenating information, and engaging users in ways that they can expand their social network. For ease I think the use of Flickr would seem the popular tool of choice for such like documentaries, weddings, art/museum exhibits, presentations, class and community projects, inventories. YouTube I would imagine is a photo-journalist's dream come true. As soon as Santa brings me that digital camera I'll be taking pictures of Asian Longhorn Beetles and will be trying to figure out the flickr jargon as I start a photostream. Why beetles? Well, I am not particularly keen on sharing pictures that may come back to haunt me. I really enjoy looking at other people's pictures though. But since no one seem to be fond of beetles I will load up on them to scare folks from my site. Well I might substitute a spider if I can figure out how to upload one from my PC. Oops! The spider just made off with a fly so maybe a couple of toads will do. Hi Trisha!

2 comments:

rich said...

i'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed using flickr and youtube! i definitely recommend getting a digital camera. they're so much fun!

Verona said...

I most certainly will.