Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Social Networks


For some reason I thought I could do a recap of the Library2.Oakton assignment the day before orientation. Well, that became a monumental task because no sooner than I got to Week 2 Gretchen got me on another "Newspaper non-delivery" issue so half my day was taken up trying unsuccessfully, to resolve the matter. Does anyone know which of these net-working, book-marking, face-booking del.icio.us methods I could use in MySpace to get a response from the Newspaper billing department in a timely manner. If I'd gotten a grip on this Instant Messaging thingy then maybe I could IM someone. I have read the literature, played around on the sites a bit but I am not keen on creating any accounts. These social websites have bombarded us at such a high rate of speed that already I am confused and I have only played with the del.icio.us thingy. The one big plus is the accessibility from anywhere (Didn't I say this before? Oh, well it is what it is) but the openness to having information edited or falsified is one reason I don't think they are trustworthy.

1 comment:

Rich said...

thanks for making an honest effort with the program :) the blog will stay up so you can always revisit it when you have more time to explore and play!